Surplus Department


Controlled Property Disposition

Records Disposition

Textbook Disposition

Non Controlled Property Disposition

Campus Clean Up for
Non Controlled Property



Non-Controlled Property Disposition

Technology related equipment will be picked up by Surplus after receiving a "Transfer to Surplus" form which can be emailed or sent through the courier. Focus does not have an option for Non-controlled property.

Other Non-controlled property will not be picked up except during scheduled campus clean ups.

Transfer to Surplus for Non-Controlled Property form

School Site Sales of Non-Controlled Property Guidelines:

The Property Custodian or approved designee must determine that the non-controlled property is no longer needed within the School District. Property will be inspected by appropriate personnel at the school/department to determine condition and to decide the disposition of the property as to whether the item will be disposed, repaired, or sold.

Once the non-controlled property has been approved by the Property Custodian or designee, the school/department may chose to sell the property. The revenues received from the sale will be deposited into the school/department’s district allocated funds via District budget amendment form or internal funds.

To deposit the funds into the school’s internal funds account, documentation must be provided that the sold item was purchased from the internal funds account.

The following procedures shall be implemented for the sale of non-controlled property at the school/department: Property Custodian/Designee approves non-controlled property for sale.

 Locate for sale items in a restricted area for safety and security purposes. List property approved for sale on a “Non-Controlled Property for Sale” form for each sales event. Advertise sale date, time, item description, condition etc.

 Conduct sale onsite at the school campus. Designate a person to collect money at the onsite sale and record collections. Designate a person to reconcile money, property sold and remaining property.

Turn in money, inventory for sale form, money collected form, and reconciliation paperwork to the school bookkeeper.

Due to segregation of duties requirement, the bookkeeper shall not be the person designated to collect money at the onsite sale.

The Bookkeeper will submit the money to the District finance office to be deposited in the school/department’s district fund. If documentation is provided, the funds can be deposited into the school’s internal funds account.

Create a binder for non-controlled property sales. All paperwork from each sales event shall be included in the binder.

Non-Controlled Property Sale Fillable Form (Requires Acrobat Reader)

Property Control Department

Purchasing Department