For Teachers Facilitating and/or Engaged in Professional Learning Communities
PLC Presentations Resources
- PLC Documentation (from Mike Thorpe 08/17/15 email)
"We are relying on administrators at the school level to keep a PLC notebook. This notebook will document the work accomplished by your PLC groups. Your in-service reps enters the results of your login sheets into MyPD and you will keep all your docs in your PLC Notebook."
- Professional Learning
Communities Presentation (PPTX)
- Teacher Meetings Do Not Make a Community
- A PLC Is/A PLC Is Not T-chart (PDF), also available: Blank Version (PDF)
- Professional Learning Communities (PLC) in Bethel School District direct YouTube link
- The Three Pillars
- Progress Monitoring Rubric (rev. ease-of-use 09/10/14) (DOCX) (PDF) (Sample)
Math Standards Presentation Resources
- Math Standards and PLCs Training for Elementary Sept. 2014 (PPTX)
- Math Standards and PLCs Training for Secondary Sept. 2014 (PPTX)
- Content Complexity for MAFS
- Florida Standards Assessments Information for Families
- What is a Math Assessment Project (MAP)Classroom Challenge (CC)?
- Traveling from Arithmetic to Algebra
- Math Template and Teaching Tasks Designed by the Charles A. Dana Center at The University of Texas at Austin
- Progression Documents
- Evidence-Based Decision Making
- Education and a Civil Society: Teaching Evidence-Based Decision Making (see specifically pp. 19-20 of the paper: Teaching Decision Making as a General Craft (it's page 29 of the PDF))
- GOFER program: Goals clarification, Option generation, Fact-finding, consideration of Effects, and Review (Mann et al. 1988).
- Personal Decision Making program: identifying alternatives, formulating criteria, applying the criteria to alternatives, summarizing the results, and self-evaluation (Ross 1981).
- Odyssey program: anticipating outcomes, acquiring and assessing information, articulating preferences, and applying weights to dimensions to manage complex decisions (Herrnstein et al. 1986).
- John Hattie & Helen Timperley: Visible Learning and Feedback (short article) (entire article here)
- Maximizing the Power of Formative Assessments (Stiggins & DuFour, 2009)
- Common Assessments
- Piece by Piece How Schools Solved the Achievement Puzzle and Soared (Chenoweth, 2009)
- Accountability for Learning: How Teachers and School Leaders Can Take Charge (Reeves, 2004) (available in print only, but Amazon offers inexpensive used copies)
- Common Formative Assessments - An Overview (Ainsworth)
- Implement a System of Common Assessments (Illuminate Education)
Learning By Doing: A Handbook for Professional Learning Communities at Work™
(Registration and sign-in is required to access PDF resources.)
- Main Downloadables Page
- Online Glossary of Key Terms (PDF) (Can be found by going to the Learning By Doing book page, then PRINTABLE REPRODUCIBLES. It is the last bullet under the "Getting Started" section.)
For Administrators Engaged in Professional Learning Communities
Leaders of Learning: How District, School, and Classroom Leaders Improve Student Achievement Perfect
- by Richard DuFour and Robert J. Marzano. Amazon Paperback Edition